Mon, 30 Oct|
Celebrating Black History Month Panel Discussion and Reception
As companies continue to grapple with the challenge of diversifying their workforce pipeline; how can internal networks help to attract, develop and retain the next generation of global leaders?
Time & Location
30 Oct 2017, 17:30 – 21:00
London, 250 Bishopsgate, London EC2M 4AA, UK
About the event
In order for every individual to reach their full potential, there must be no fear of discrimination or prejudice. In addition, there must be a strong belief that career opportunities or experience of work is not predetermined by ethnicity, nationality, faith, sexuality, disability, or culture.
But is the conversation on diversity moving fast enough?
We know that it has become increasingly important that organisations understand and meet the needs of its diverse workforce (at all levels) going forward. Research shows that diverse organisations that attract and develop individuals from the widest pool of talent consistently perform better than those that don’t.
Many companies are trying to create a more inclusive and diverse workforce but their efforts fail to drive meaningful, sustainable change that creates highly effective teams. That’s why Sonia Brown MBE will be talking to diversity thought leaders :-
· Dawn Butler, Labour MP for Brent Central
· Fiona Wilkinson, Vice President and Chairperson, Diversity Advisory Group (ICAEW); Janet Hills, Chair (MetBPA);
· Asif Sadiq, Head of Diversity and Inclusiveness (EY Financial Services UK)
· Rudi Page, CEO (Making Connections Work Ltd)
· Romeo Effs, CEO and Founder (Empire Builders)
Our speakers aim to provide fresh insights, best practice and the latest information around promoting diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
Key questions on the night include:
· What does “best support” look like from organisations to employees?
· What defines “talented leaders” which is vital for career development and progression within the organisation?
· How effective are in-house mentoring and training schemes for future leaders?
· What strategies are needed to market a personal brand that reflects a positive leadership presence from a diverse employees’ perspective.
This event looks at how senior management teams create a workplace where more ideas, cultures, personalities, disruptors and entrepreneurs can come together to create
amazing ideas to boost business objectives.
That’s why this event is not about how HR professionals can improve their ability to recruit, retain and advance employees; but provide expert career development advice to diverse professional communities.
If you take your career progression seriously, you have to admit that this event is too important to miss.