Wed, 29 Jan|
Connected Woman: Race to the Top
Candid panel discussions to help women develop their skills to strategically navigate their career and business aspirations
Time & Location
29 Jan 2020, 18:00 – 21:00
London, Victoria Embankment, London SW1A 2JL, UK
About the event
We hear constant pleas from the largest companies that gender equality is one of their top business priorities and they have responded by creating forums, conferences and networks to address these issues. However, positive outcomes are not changing at the rate we would like to see because people consciously and unconsciously reject these programmes.
The second Connected Woman: Race to the Top panel discussion is a dynamic and thought provoking debate that looks at the bias and barriers that prevent true parity in business and organisations. Our award winning panelists include:
Dame Cressida Rose Dick DBE QPM – former Commissioner of Police of the Metropolitan Police
- Sharron Gunn, Executive Director - Members, Commercial and Shared Services at ICAEW
- Dr Doirean Wilson D.Prof Practice, MA HRM, Diversity Lead, HRM Senior Lecturer, Middlesex University
- Caroline Williams, Director of Open Programmes, Saïd Business School, University of Oxford
- Tahir Ashraf, Commercial Barrister, LLB Law, PgDip Bar, LLM Law, Founder Head of Barristers Chambers 5 Chancery Lane
Key topics of discussion will include:
· Identifying and overcoming microaggressions, whether intentional or unintentional
· Eliminating “the only one” syndrome
· Is segregated ‘leadership behaviour’ research unhelpfully stereotyping women and men
· How to avoid “hollow middle” pipeline blockage
· Transforming disruptions into opportunities for innovation and change
· Strategically upskilling women to meet the new opportunities of digital technology
You have to admit this is an impressive lineup of inspirational speakers providing next generation insights, strategies and practical actions in a rapidly changing and fast paced business world.
The Connected Woman: Race to the Top panel discussion takes a cross sector approach, where panelists will share real experiences and provide practical information that will equip individuals with the tools they need to plan their next career move, launch a new business or support an existing business.
In addition, there will be plenty of opportunities for powerful networking, sharing and connecting amongst your peers.