Tue, 05 Nov|
Connected Woman: The Will to Change
Providing next generation strategies, ideas, information and support to women looking to accelerate their career and business aspirations
Time & Location
05 Nov 2019, 18:00 – 21:00
London, Chartered Accountants' Hall, 1 Moorgate Pl, London EC2R 6EA, UK
About the event
We hear constant pleas from the largest companies that gender equality is one of their top business priorities and leaders have responded by creating forums, conferences and networks to address these issues.
However, positive outcomes are not changing at the rate we would like to see.The ICAEW and NBWN have come together to bring you the Connected Woman: The Will to Change panel discussion.
This informative debate looks at ensuring companies are providing solutions that put women at the forefront of economic empowerment in the workforce and in business; to bolster economic inclusion, trade and investment.In addition, we will explore the unconscious bias and barriers that are preventing true parity in business and organisations. Our award winning panelists include:
- - Nick Parker, Immediate Past President, ICAEW
- - David Heron MBE, The Army
- - Dr Doirean Wilson, Middlesex University
- - Adebayo Jones, Designer & Style Consultant
- - Joy Odunsi Aboderin, Potential U
Key topics of discussion will include:
- - Identifying and overcoming microaggressions, whether intentional or unintentional
- - Eliminating “the only one” syndrome
- - Is segregated ‘leadership behaviour’ research unhelpfully stereotyping women and men
- - How to avoid “hollow middle” pipeline blockage
- - Transforming disruptions into opportunities for innovation and change
You have to admit this is an impressive lineup of inspirational speakers providing next generation insights, strategies and practical actions in a rapidly changing and fast paced business world.
The Connected Woman: The Will to Change panel discussion takes a cross sector approach, where panelists will share real experiences and provide practical information that will equip individuals with the tools they need to plan their next career move, launch a new business or support an existing business.
In addition, there will be plenty of opportunities for powerful networking, sharing and connecting amongst your peers.