Wed, 31 Mar|
Demystifying the World of Intersectionality, Micro-aggressions and Fear
The NBWN brings together industry experts to explore the issue of intersectionality and its impact on leadership performance & confidence.
Time & Location
31 Mar 2021, 17:30 – 18:30
About the event
There is no getting away from the DE&I debate. The business case is stronger than ever before and expectations have shifted as employees are demanding reform in their practices and acting on their DE&I strategies.
Race and cultural diversity still continue to challenge companies, but the business case is clear - outperformance continues to be higher for diversity in ethnicity than for gender.
Demystifying the World of Intersectionality; Microaggressions and Fear Virtual Panel Discussion aims to dissect its visible and invisible complexities and show how this could impede your leadership range.
This highly interactive and informative panel discussion includes the following distinguished experts:
- Janet Hills MBE, Detective Sergeant MPS. Chair Met Black Police Association (MetBPA) and former NBPA President.
- Grace Moronfolu MBE, Chair The National Black Crown Prosecution Association (NBCPA)
- Dr Doirean Wilson, Diversity Lead Middlesex University, Visiting Professor, Editor-in-Chief `Inclusivity in Practice
Our experts will help to explore the major barriers to creating inclusive work environments BUT provide recommendations on how to become high-performing leaders free from bias and discrimination.
Key Areas of Discussion:
- Look at removing leadership with anxiety, fear and anger
- Making sense of “lived experiences” and translating this into the workplace without fear of marginalisation and discrimination
- Does unconscious bias training boost employee engagement, performance and greater feelings of belonging?
- Challenging the DE&I monocultural lens used to define policies to improve employee satisfaction and progression?
- Tackling microaggressions, bullying and harassment to lower the risk of job disruption through poor management accountability?
- Dismantling “privilege” networks to provide greater equality and fairness of opportunity
This Panel Discussion Is open to HR Directors, HR Business Partners, Consultants, Change, Project, Line Managers and those interested in increasing their leadership range.
Once registered, you'll receive a personalised link to access the workshop. Reserve your seat here.
Once the event is complete, or if you missed it, you'll be able to watch the event on our YouTube channel here. Don't forget to Subscribe!