Mon, 24 May|
7 Reasons Why Being On a Board Is Good for Your Career
This webinar has been designed to support women and men to think strategically about board roles as part of their long-term career strategy.
Time & Location
24 May 2021, 19:30 – 19:35
About the event
Adding a board or committee appointment to your CV is a sure way of drawing attention and validating your capabilities, whilst catapulting your career up the ladder of success.
Individuals that join boards - even of very small organisations - are able to use their experience and technical skills to influence an organisation, whilst at the same time gaining exposure to a wide range of issues from the perspective of a director and building confidence, expertise and networks.
7 Reasons Why Being On a Board Is Good for Your Career’ webinar is a chance to hear from:
- Fiona Hathorn CEO, (Women on Boards) WOB UK
- Mary Agbesanwa, PwC, Scale Fintech Programme Lead; Co-Chair of PwC Multicultural Business Network and sits on the Girl Guiding Board. She will be sharing her board trustee experience as a young ambitious career woman.
If you are feeling stagnant in your career, you have to admit this webinar will be a tremendous boost for your career.
So, don’t procrastinate book your seat here. This really is a great opportunity to understand the benefits of being on a board. And if that’s not enough, consider this……..
- A directorship is a point of difference on your CV when applying for a new role/promotion.
- You will build market and industry knowledge and networks through exposure to a diverse range of issues from the perspective of a director.
- Joining a board indicates to management or clients that you are interested and engaged in your community at a leadership level.
- Directorships Build Career and Leadership Skills and Expertise
- If you need to take a career break at any stage, a directorship can give you continuity on your CV. It will help you maintain professional contacts and could provide you with the confidence to re-enter the workforce more easily after a significant break.
- Directorships Improve Career Resilience and Provide Strategic Understanding of Workforce Dynamics.
- It gives you the chance to explore the idea of a post-executive board career.
We look forward to seeing you there.
Once the event is complete, or if you missed it, you'll be able to watch the event on our YouTube channel here. Don't forget to Subscribe!